1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do i feel like i dont want to come out anymore?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bmayne, Feb 18, 2014.

1. bmayne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hello, im 21, and living away from home and my boyfriend who i am madly in love with.

i only came out to myself maybe 10 months ago. and about 4 months ago i met my boyfriend, ive really never been happier. now once i met him i had this sudden urge to come out, i still really want to come out. i came out to my best friend and my sister. i know my whole family will be very accepting(awhile back when everyone was posting that pink human rights profile pic on facebook, my mom even had that as hers), and i am very independent. but ever since i came out to my sister i just sorta dont like the feeling of my family knowing im gay. i came out to my sister over the phone, it was awkward. but she was ok with it.

i love my boyfriend, i dont want to hide him, i dont want to keep lying. im going home in 2 weeks and im never going to be home because i will be with him. im going to have to tell the truth or lie alot.

just going through the scenario in my my head, me coming out, i feel weird. like they will look at me weird. am i not ready? or should i just do it? post a pic of me and my bf on facebook!?
    it just feels like i dont want to come out anymore, but i do. my boyfriend means to much to me to lie about him. and hes very supportive, hes not rushing me at all. im not sure what im feeling. is it just me being nervous? anybody else feel like this? i just need some honest advice? thanks :slight_smile:

2. C P

C P

It does sound like you are nervous because you even said you know your family will be supportive.

Maybe you just shouldn't tell them directly(do they ask you if you are seeing anyone or something?). Your bf is supportive by not rushing you, so take your time to decide what you want to do.

I'd probably recommend that you just go about things as if they were normal then, over time. I think the pic idea is a good one. If you two take one together for whatever reason, post it up like you would any other pic and, if anyone questions, then you can open up about it. That way they'll figure it out but you don't have to deal with the nervousness that comes with directly telling them.

I have yet to have a bf but I can definitely relate to not being interested in actually telling others, so this is what I'd consider if I were in your shoes. :slight_smile:

3. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my parents it was weird and awkward for about a week then things go back to normal. If you would find it easier put up a picture of you and your bf then they can bring up the topic or mention someone famous who came out the dive in from there. Even better would be to make the way you come out so weird that the fact your gay won't be the oddest thing that happened that day.

4. girlonfire

I totally get it, although I've never been in a relationship myself. If you want to skip the sit-down conversation I think the Facebook idea is good--do whatever you feel comfortable with. I promise things won't change if your family is supportive :slight_smile: good luck

5. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I really don't know on this one. But I will say that there is no miracle-always-works way to come out. It depends on who you're telling, and who is telling. For your parents, just tell them and expect some of the usual questions. And I have seen before something that said that the best way to come out to parents is not to just come in with a guy and say "oh, he's my boyfriend." You should just tell them. Maybe leave a note for them to read, but no matter how, just do it. You'll feel all right after the moment of the two words is gone. Once you say, "I'm gay," It all goes fine.