1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have come up with a plan. (Run away)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by km1306, Feb 18, 2014.

1. km1306

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last year was difficult but also great. I came out to myself and finally accepted that theres nothing worng with me. I also came out to him ( http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...t-come-out-him-should-i-1st-post-help-me.html ).
    And in christmas I came out to my best friend who was really supportive btw :slight_smile:

Now I just cant come out the closet to my family I tried one of my cousins last week and i was not able to get it out of my mouth. I have a really big family 4 older sisters. 3 of the already have a family. Im youngest one (21). I still live with my parents and my sister that is 24. We are not that religious but all my family is disgusted by gay people they think its gross. And they dont know that everytime they talk about how gross and disgusted they are by gay people im right there and it just hurts. Did I mention I live in Guatemala (extrmely antigay country)

I have wanted to come out to my mom a few times already but she is 60 and has a heart disease and im worried she will have a breakdown with that news.
    I've never had a good relationdhip with my dad but Im sure he will hate me.
    My sisters i think it will be 50/50 2 hating me and 2 hating my "lifestyle"

The thing is I dont want to be here to see them hating me and i dont want to be around them when i come out the closet, my mom will be really sad my dad will look at me with disgust. My sister will put my nieces away from me and thats something i will never be able to overcome if I stay here.

Anyhow, i work and i have only 2 years of college left and i will get my business administration degree. My plan is going to another country where gay people is accepted. I was thinking canada and i want to apply for a work permit or a permenent residence.

I dont know many of you but i want to get married some day and have a lifetime partner maybe adopting a kid. But unfortunately i wont be able to do that around my family or in my country. Its really sad cause i love my family with all my heart and it kills me that they will not accept me for who i am.

I plan on coming out a few day before i actually leave this country so they wot have to be bothered by my "decision"

Any advise?

#1 km1306, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like a decent plan! However, maybe you could write a letter or something and give it to your family before you leave. That way, if you are pretty sure that they won't like your being gay, you won't really have to deal with the stress. You have every reason to feel sad and upset, as you are leaving everything you grew up in behind. And, when you do come out (No matter how you do it) be sure to explain what you can about being gay, if your sisters would hate "lifestyle" others might to. Be sure to point out that being gay isn't a choice, but just a factor of who you are that has been revealed to them, like they only just found out your eye color. You haven't changed from the man they loved, they just know more about you than before.

3. Phoebsta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sounds like a plan exactly like mine was going to be. However I am pretty young. I have to say GO FOR IT! if they are homophobic and shun our 'lifestyle' as they call it. CAll it quite get on with your life and don't bother with them!