1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Nervous... Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tamara42, Feb 18, 2014.

1. tamara42

I've known that I was different from my friends, Sexually at least, for sometime now. I have recently come to terms with the fact the i am lesbian and feel so much better but I feel like I need to tell at least one person before I can be completely comfortable with my true self. I have decided that the first person I want to tell is my sister. I know that she would be super supporting and loving and probably even happy but HOW DO YOU START THAT CONVERSATION?I have no idea what I would begin with and I am scared that I mess up and that something will go wrong. Please help me, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. Firstly take deep breath you are going to be ok.

There are many ways you can have that conversation with your sister. It depends how you want to do it, everyone is different so you have to choose the way that is right for you. Here are some things to consider:

Do you want to tell her face to face or by letter or email etc?

If you want to tell her face to face do you want to just think of the words on the spot or do you want to write something down that you can read to her, or you can give her to read?

Do you want to do it at home? Or in a cafe or somewhere?

3. ComingClean

ComingClean Guest

If you feel awkward telling her that you're gay, you could try telling her that you're not into men. Or that you have a girlfriend (if you have a girlfriend) But you know that she's gunna be supportive. That's the main thing.
    It's about picking the right time and the right place.