1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom is ????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XTREMEZish, Feb 18, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So I have told my dad and am out at my school. The last person I need to come out to is my mom. I would but here is the thing. The relationship between me and my mom is very very bad. I know she would think of me differently not in a good or bad way, but differently.

Here is my problem. My mom only thinks guy who are gay are feminist. She thinks they are all stereo types. That we all act like girls and all like fashion. She acts uncomfortable around gay guys. She acts fine with lesbians but weird around gay guys. She never really has had any long term interactions with gay guys. So any advice. I don't want to tell her immediately but I do want to in the near future. Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2014 at 08:29 PM ----------

Oh I also forgot to mention I have a very small desire to tell my mom. She barely invest into my life.

2. Mysz

If you don't really want to tell her, then you don't have to. Did you say that she's not a big part of your life?
    Would it bother you if she treated you differently? As long as you're sure she wouldn't hate you for being gay and cause problems for you, then go ahead and come out to her, if you really want to.

3. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, if she's not a big part of your life and you don't want to tell her, you don't have to.

But if/when you decide to tell her, you can just explain that, you know, your sexuality hasn't suddenly changed because you've told her. You've always been gay and she's never had a problem with your personality or found it to be a stereotype, because you're not a stereotype, you're you, and who you are hasn't changed. Hopefully in time she'll see that.

4. softball

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Whether you tell her or not is up to you. You don't have to do anything. If she believes in gay stereotypes then you can show her differently, if you choose to tell her. This is about you, not her. Stay strong.