1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal Goal!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Luciferus, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Luciferus

Hello everyone. Today I decided my goal for 2014 is to come out to the people around me... However this task will not be easy so I have requested the help from a friend to help me keep my mind on track because I have a habit to stray away from my goals no matter what.

I'd like the help from the community here as well because I have a problem... My family...
    Yes, My family is the problem I have. I happen to live in a very different family. My family tend to think very differently from most other families. I live in Sweden which makes coming out a bit easier since we've been all for equality for quite some time around here.

I just wonder if it will be easier to come out to my family after I've come out to the people I have around me daily? The way my family talks about differences in sexualities is a little worrying. It's never been straight up bad or pushing them away it's just been not 100% friendly... According to my dad it's a defect in a person so I'm not sure about this.

Does anyone have smiliar experiences with their families when deciding to come out? I want to come out because I think it will be easier for me to be myself around others if they knew. Most teenagers now adays are very accepting from how it was before.

I made this goal on the spot yesterday when talking to my friend. I just got sick of being lonely because I can't go out and find someone that is of my interests because everyone's expected to be straight by default...

Some people tend to find out their sexuality around their teens or early adult hood. I simply found out which orientation I fit into a few months ago but I've always known I wasn't straight for 7... 8... maybe 9 years? That is just thinking back to how I used to behave around people and how I felt about them.

If anyone have any advice on what I could to in my situation with my family feel free to comment. Thanks to anyone who decides to help out ;3

2. Phoebsta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I have never came out to my parents but I would say if your friends seem trustworthy tell them first as a support group to lean on if you ever need it . If you haven't got any friends that are not homophobic then tell the family member that seems most important to you. That's me plan! Good luck!

3. Karabeara

My goal is to confront wether I'm gay or bi

4. Luciferus

I'm put as a pansexual male with a preference for male gender(s). I found this was the most logical way to see my sexuality. Just take some time to try to figure out if have imitimate feelings for both or just one of the 2 sexes. It helped me out quite a bit.

5. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds to me like your family simply doesn't know much about homosexuality. Maybe your dad just doesn't know a lot about gay people out there in the world, and thinks that it is abnormal, which it isn't. A defect is when something prevents it from functioning properly. Being gay, you can still raise kids, adopt! Therefor, it does not mean we are defective. If anything, defective would be the people who give up and leave their kids behind, because they are not ensuring their children's survival. An important thing to remember is that your dad is untrue on that, you are perfectly capable of being effective.