1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this weird?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hughesj001, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hughesj001

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay, so I'm sort of still a bit confused with my sexuality, but I'm pretty sure I am bi (not the place for this and also not the point of the post). Although I haven't quite come to a conclusion, I have told some people about it. Two of my closest friends (both girls, I am a guy). I didn't really find it difficult to tell them at all. I know a lot of people have loads of trouble coming out to people, especially their closest friends. I don't know why I didn't have any problem with it? Is that normal? (Probably good to mention that neither of them had ever expressed and type of homophobia, although neither had ever specifically been pro gay).

Thanks, Jason

(Also probably good to note that I am absolutely terrified of telling anyone else)

#1 Hughesj001, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Luciferus

I don't think is is weird in any way. The people I've had it easiest talking with is the people who has been standing next to me through even the toughes and most depressing moments of my life. I'm only 16 but I've been through quite a hell and they've been there to support me along the way.

I first came out to these people and they have no changed opinon about me but actually stand close to me now than they did before because of how things are handled when it come to sexuality. They know support is needed to keep strong and stay positive. I have a serious fear of coming out to other people yet but I am working on getting control over my life soon enough. Starting with coming out more openly and standing proud of my sexuality.

3. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not weird, it's different for everyone. I was fine telling one of my friends, and the other friend, he just asked one day so I answered honestly because I wanted to tell him but couldn't find the words. Same, neither of them had said anything to indicate their feelings towards it, but they were both awesome. It's just awesome that you have that kind of closeness with friends :slight_smile:

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah, it's not weird at all! I was perfectly comfortable telling 2 of my friends (In fact, that's how I found out that one wasn't straight!) but another 3 that are really close friends with each other I'm really hesitant to tell.