1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh. Doing okay, but had an ulcer.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katmando, Jul 10, 2008.

1. katmando

Hi Guys:

I guess I am doing well. Since pflagg only meets up once a month. I have decided to go to those meetings and miss front runners once a month on Tuesdays. I like Pflag :slight_smile:

Last week I had an ulcer(it ruptured) it at once while I was babysitting for the kids I sit for here and there. The little girl had to call 911, because I couldn't. It raises some concerns about how much I stress myself. I am not totally sure what causes the ulcer it could of been bacteria, stress or just one of those things that happen. I have a good diet, but in truth I spend hours upon hours obsessing/ruminating/worrying about just about everything. I have a problem letting things go.

The worst part was I needed surgery.

I did reschedule an interview with the lady that runs a home health care agency. Another job opportunity also came a long for al ady who is moving here in August and is looking for a male Nanny. We have been staying in contact. And I don't like to excited over things in case, they don't work out, but I have a good feeling aboout this.

I am also started a bowling league in Sept.

I think one thing that has been bothering me(it may seem silly) quite a bit and I am trying to let it go is this. I dyed my hair black. At first it did not look good, but I got it cut and it looks much better now(actually it looks very dark brown now). When i first asked my cousin what she thought right after I got it done, I also asked her if it looked notieable dyed, she said maybe a little, but she is use to my hair being lighter. I just now keep worrying that everyone else might think it looked noticeable dyed. But I look in the mirror and think it looks good now, not noticeable dyed, but the worry is still other people might think it is. I also have this problem. If one person thinks its dyed, then everyone must.

I don't just do this with my hair, but with everything. In truth, I know people are busy with there own lives and not everything is about me. But even though I know this, its still hard for me to let these worries go(I wish I knew why). I keep thinking the first thing people see is how I messed up my hair when dying IT, even though right now I think it looks okay. I also think people are just staring at that(and mentally being very cirtical), this is draining me out.

I think part of it has to do with a really critical father who would constantly make comments about me about everything. I know not everyone is my dad, but it seems like I keep carrying him around. Even though we don't talk much, In the past he tells me what form of payment I should use when buying certian things like when I should use cash, when to pay with checks and when to use credit cards. He is just critical.

Thanks
    Justin