1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I talked to a woman at work today.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by womaninamber, Feb 19, 2014.

1. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I kept telling myself not to, since we're not exactly personal friends. I mean, I only see her at work. But she's a lesbian and I have told her some personal things before and I figured she would understand. But I didn't say "I'm not sure I'm 100% straight," which is something I have said in the past and even my late dad knew. I said, "I think I might be gay," which describes how I feel right now. (I still think I might be bi, and I'm trying not to pressure myself to get a label even though sometimes I like labels.)

Anyway I was afraid she would tell me I wasn't gay or that she didn't want to get personal with me, but she didn't. She was super nice and we had a great conversation. I told her I'm going back to the Gay and Lesbian center and seeing if it will work out better for me this time, and she was very encouraging. So that went great.

(Really the big deal here has been coming out to myself, because I said "Oh, I don't know, I might be bi, lots of people might be bi, but I mostly like men so it doesn't matter," for so many years. And of course I was still questioning myself even as I spoke to her. But it was still a relief to tell her and I'm glad I did.)

I just hope I can make more friends in the community. It's very hard for me to meet people and talk to them and pretty much all my friends are online. Which isn't terrible, I love my online friends, but I'd like some face-to-face ones too.