1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad is Homophobic

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by softball, Feb 19, 2014.

1. softball

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have not come out to anyone yet but I know that the first people that I want to come out to are my parents. They are divorced and I know that my mom will love, accept, and support me no matter what. My dad on the other hand is very homophobic. I know that I want to tell my mom first but I will have to tell my dad eventually. I live with my mom most of the time and I am afraid that my dad won't want to associate with me at all if he finds out I am a lesbian. :confused:

2. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That will be tough but you need to know that it's your life and he can't change you. If he loves you he will look past what he thinks are good morals.stay strong!

3. AmiBee

He might have a hard time with it, but hopefully, he'll come around. At least you live with your mom, who you think will be supportive. Best of luck coming out, softball. Despite the challenges, it is very freeing.

4. lovely lesbian

I agree he probably will have a hard time with it but eventually he will come around your his daughter he won't be able to change you hope it goes well Hun.