1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A recloset tale!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chivalrous, Feb 22, 2014.

1. chivalrous

So recently something sad or funny happened (i think its funny) so lately i came out to my at least 50 people at uni and being a uni of only 400 people i thought well ive done my job, itll spread around eventually. anyways !! i was with my friend kim who knows im gay and valentines day was coming up (we are both single) and im like to her lets be each others partner and be a mock relationship. so we laugh and decided to do that.

anyways that day she gave me a present ( a can of chicken and corn soup , how romantic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and i made lunch. now what i thought we were doing was innocent fun. but yesterday, it turns out everyone thinks im straight now because i was dating kim on valentines day (except the people i told) . on that note: i think she forgot to mention that i was gay, and that it was just a mock relationship for the day.

So now the epic quest of telling everyone that i haven't met yet has restarted once again lol.

I didn't know whether or not to post this here. but i thought id post it to let people that if you are coming out don't do it at valentines and have a mock relationship with a girl because most likely people will get the wrong signal and think your straight :lol::lol::lol:

2. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol! Congrats on coming out and sorry people got confused again. People are silly.

3. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is a bit funny :lol: Well done for your coming out... too bad you kind of went back to the start. But cheer up, by the time you are done, you will be a master of coming out.

4. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is amusing! It's funny how much influence people have on each other by just saying something, and how people easily believe what people say.

Nonetheless, good luck with coming out again! I'd say you're already pretty familliar with it and I'm sure it'll spread like wildfire :grin:

Cheers!