1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I nervous?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by softball, Feb 23, 2014.

1. softball

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I really want come out to my mom. She has always told my brother and sister and I that she will love and accept us no matter what. I know that she will be fine with it and support me. So why am I so scared and nervous to tell her anyway?

2. Beetle

I guess it's always that fear that they might be super shocked regardless and not to take it well, because maybe they never even thought for one second you'd be homosexual. Even if you know they'd accept it, coming out to family is still a huge leap and can be very scary, especially since not everyone has that support. I just came out to my little sister today, and she's a strong LGBT straight ally, and I was still nervous about telling her.

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do it. The easiest way to get over the anxiety is to just say it. Don't force yourself to if you aren't ready, but to get rid of anxiety just do it.

4. huggy

huggy Guest

and why am i so curious to know if you've told her already?? lol you lucky girl you, pease go and say it, say those magical words lol
    all the best but:thumbsup:

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's because the closer you are to someone the harder it can be to come out as you have more to loose. Plus however much you know she will accept it your mind works overdrive to find 101 worst case scenarios that make you nervous. Just go for it is usually the best.