1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Come out to Homophobic family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dami132, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Dami132

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My family is very homophobic and are constantly talking about how wrong homosexualality. whenever there is news about homosexual rights they are bashing it and I dont know how to come out to pepole who hate what I am. I'm afriad they will disown me or treat me badly becouse I like men, But i love all them and want them to know about me, cause i don't wont to live my life lieing to them

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't. At least, not yet. If they do disown you, then you want to have your own house and be able to live on your own. No one wants to be a homeless man living on the streets. If you come out to homophobic parents, always make sure you have a backup plan on where to live and how to support yourself.

3. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe you should wait until you're in college. It's safer to wait until you're economical independent in cases like this, when you are not sure of how they will react.
    But then again, maybe you should do what you feel right. They are your family, and whenever you want them to know or not is up to you, and when you want to tell them is up to you as well.
    But, of course, if you fear to become homeless after coming out, I'm afraid I strongly recommend you to wait.
    Good luck!