1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need to Come Out to my Ex-friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zant, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Zant

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK, I'm a boy and I've been friends with, I'm going to call him Tom, for 3 yrs.(5th to 6th grade) I've had a crush on him since the beginning of middle school. After realizing I was bisexual, I shut everyone off, even Tom. By the end of 6th, I was scared if I told him, he would leave me. I became depressed, and told him we couldn't be friends. He moved, to the other side of state. 2 yrs later we're both 13, and I saw him at a High School Presentation. I know I need to explain things to him, but I don't know how. The only one who knows I'm bisexual is my gf. He probably hates me now. How do I confess my former feelings towards him?

2. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It may seem a little bit late and hard for you at the moment. But all is definitely not lost.

There is always hope and you know what? The time away may allow him to think things through (from your perspective!). It'll definitely be awkward, make no mistake, but getting things off your chest is really the best way to deal with things.

My best suggestion? Perhaps suggest going out for a cup of coffee, where you feel somewhat comfortable. Then be straightforward - "Do you remember when I said _______ back in ______?" or something like that.

What comes after is how he took things when he left. I hope all goes well, let us know if there's anything else we can give advice for :grin:

3. Zant

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thx Treasury, really appreciate it! Helps to see some friendly text.

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just try going up to him and saying "Hey 'Tom', it may seem a little late but I feel like I have some explaining to do about why I was acting so weird 2 years ago. I'm bi, and I was afraid of people's reactions so I decided to just be alone." However, maybe don't say that you had a crush on him until he has had time to let the fact that you are bi sink in. If you told him all at once, it would just be too sudden and he would be less likely to accept the fact that you are bi, you are who you are and you are still his friend, even after 2 years.

5. Zant

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thx again GayC, good tips from good people are really appreciated.