1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it really get better ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danno17, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Danno17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey just wondering if it really does get better after you come out . I've been thinking about it for awhile now and I feel like its the right thing to do because I'm tired of lying to my friends all the time and I really am tired of being alone I want a relationship with a guy who will treat me right and just be normal about it .. But I'm really scared that I might actually loose people because of who I am x(( .. One thing to idk if coming out as bi first would make it easier to transition to being gay :help:

2. setnyx

i've lost friends and gained friends. it's not easier from that standpoint but just being honest is so freeing. good luck.

3. TheUglyBarnacle

Do not transition from bi to gay. Do not use being bi as a stepping stone. I did it (though not on purpose) and from my experience I'd much rather have come out as gay. Not that many people really believed I was bi but I found myself faking interest in guys when I only like girls. My friends noticed and called me out on it.

It does get better. Maybe you'll lose friends but the feeling of being stuck and slowly suffocating starts to go away, one person at a time. The more people you come out to, the easier it will be. Unless you have legitimate reasons to stay in the closet (don't feel comfortable being out, might get in danger if you are out etc) then it will certainly be a burden off your shoulders.
    It might feel crappy at first-for me it did the first few times-but as time goes by and you live as your true self you will start feeling more free.