1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative, Subtle Ways to Come Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Firephyz, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Firephyz

Hello. I'm just a new member on the forums looking for advice on coming out :slight_smile:
    So as you can probably tell by my profile, I'm a 17 year old boy who happens to be gay. I have came out to my mom and she was totally fine with it. I've also came out to like five of my close friends who all took it pretty well, one's gay and another is bi. Anyway, I've gotten to the point where the desire to come out to the rest of my friends, pretty much the whole band at my school, is overwhelming and I think about it at least five times a day. At the same time, however, I don't want to just randomly stand in the middle of the room and announce my sexuality to people; it just seems inappropriate I guess. This brings me to the point of the thread. Could you guys give me some advice on subtle and creative ways to come out the everybody, something that's not really obvious but people will get the point? I have a rainbow bracelet that is absolutely amazing but every time I want to wear it in front of people, I chicken out. Thanks for the advice :icon_bigg

Another thing that makes this process harder though is the fact that I have close guy friends who I'm pretty sure aren't gay. It just seems like they might think it weird to hang out with me once they know that I like guys.

#1 Firephyz, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell a small group of people and say that you don't mind making it public. Everyone should know in a day, this is school after all. Everybody's buisiness is everybody else's buisness and so you tell one person and it's like the entire school's got ears on that one person. But coming out at school is a huge struggle.:starwars:

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, word of mouth does travel pretty quick. or you could wear a rainbow shirt, a tutu, a viking helmet and say you're the queen of asgard.
    i guess the best way to approach it is wear a rainbow bracelet, i did that before and people asked me if i was a homosexual (though it wasn't the intention, i just wanted to wear a bracelet haha) don't be a chicken haha

4. WishingOnAStar

I'm a converse girl so I think you should draw a rainbow on the white soul/from of all your shoes haha. I want to do that.

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:54 PM ----------

Front*