1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejected

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zumbo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This afternoon I just had my very first phone s*x, which I considered to be my farthest sexual experience with a stranger. Please don't laugh at me. :icon_sad: I met this bisexual guy at a certain chatroom and we had been chatting for about a week. He even asked me if we could meet. Everything went as expected until he came and hanged up on me. I sent him a message that I would call back but he refused. Feeling rejected, I still finished off what I started and later on I found out he removed me from his buddy list. It was the first and it was very bad. :icon_sad:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries, no one will laugh at you. Sorry that this happened to you. Although you feel rejected, I don't think there is anything to feel rejected about. This is the problem with these kinds of things. You never know who the other person is. I think the likelihood of having more good than bad experiences is low. It is good that you did not follow up in his invitation to meet up.

Don't worry about it. Don't feel rejected. It's not your fault.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is the very reason I have closed myself for too long. The experience I had is petty but its implication reminds me that rejection is painful. Now, I feel that I don't like to give any guy a chance anymore. :icon_sad:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will have good and even great experiences down the road. Again, I don't think you have to feel rejected because of this experience. Given that you have come to know the guy through a chatroom and have only had exchanges for about a week with him, ask yourself, how well do you know him? Did he mean anything to you? Did he get to know you? I'm sure you will come to the conclusion that the guy is not worth it to go through this.

Dealing with rejection is difficult but you can learn something from that which will help you in the future. Try not to close yourself off from other guys. Give a guy who really means something to you and with whom you want to spend time with a chance. Those are the real things you want to concentrate on and count. This is were you will find acceptance and will expereince the good.

Remember that for every rejection we expereince in life, we will find acceptance somewhere else. It is too bad that you had to experience it but try not to dwell too much on it. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I hope this helps!

5. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Zumbo, hey, don't trust the people you meet in places on the web such as that. Most of them are just sex-crazed selfish jerks who want nothing to do with relationships, just quick night stands. From what it seems, it looks like you're still trying to find yourself and perhaps a connection, possibly a relationship for someone else. I feel as though you weren't really rejected, and there is nothing to laugh at, except for how stupid that guy is.

6. Cool Beans

The guy's pretty much a jerk who used you. Stuff like that happens with people from the Internet (and, sadly, in real life), but not all guys are like that, obviously. There's nothing wrong with being guarded, but at the same time, you have to be able to eventually let yourself be emotionally vulnerable to someone you love and trust. It'll happen in time.

7. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys. That guy was one big ugly jerk.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He got what he wanted - an orgasm - and decided you weren't worth keeping around long enough to even reciprocate. This guy is, as my father would say, an asshole of the first waters. :slight_smile: Chalk it up to experience. Make sure you feel totally comfortable with a guy before you take things into the bedroom (even on the phone).

Lex