1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friends?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sharoy, Feb 24, 2014.

1. sharoy

I have a friend who I've known my entire life, since kindergarten. We are seniors in high school now, and our close friendship is getting closer. We're getting more comfortable in extremely close quarters, and we've mutually stopped trying to deny our friends that ship us.

I've been finding myself thinking about him differently; romantically. I've dreamt about him often for a few weeks now, and I'm starting to think I actually like him. But I don't know if he likes me. I don't know his sexuality, other than that I know he has been attracted to girls in the past, but recently, he called me (and two other guys) attractive in a truth or dare question in which he could just as easily have chosen girls. I'm not sure what to do. My other friends are all accepting, and most of them are gay, lesbian, or bi themselves, but they all think I'm straight, and I think he does too. I want to tell him I like him, but I do not want to ruin the friendship we have.

2. LuvMyIB

Talk to him! Does he know you are bi?

The only way to really know what he is feeling is by striking up a conversation. You say you don't want to ruin what you have with him, then take it slow. Talking will let you get a feeling for what he is thinking. Do not reveal what you feel for him just yet. Just in case he does not have the same feelings as you.

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Pretty much what LuvMyIB said. Tell him that you like guys, but aren't sure of your orientation exactly yet. But he does sound bi, just tell him that you like guys and dont say that you like him and see how it all plays out. You seem to have surrounded yourself by a good crowd for accepting that you are gay/bi, and I wouldn't hesitate to tell any of them.