1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just another Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zebraknight456, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Zebraknight456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gay it took a good 20 years for me to admit to myself but I am gay. Worse then that I'm pretty sure I'm transgender ever since I was a kid I put on my sisters and my moms clothes and there was this dream that I had as a kid that I became a girl that I really liked in my kindergarten class. I have accepted all this. Now the problems my family is a pretty important family most of my relatives are in high places in major international companies. My own father is a important politician if I came out, my family would shun me they would cut me off completely but that's not the worse thing. My mother would hate me and this woman has done so much for me I love her so much that would kill me right then and there. The other problem I want to go into politics some day I even hope to be president because ever since I was a kid I wanted to help people. In many cases I have given people the shirt off my back because I wanted too. I have great ideas that I want to use to make this country that I love a great place. But if I come out I know regardless of what I say or do my actions will always be followed by my sexual preference the public will care more about that then they will the things I want to accomplish in office. So every day when I wake up I hate the face that looks at me in the mirror, I have to pretend to be someone I'm not. And it's getting to a point where I don't think I can live like this anymore I would rather my family think of me as a coward who took his life then a fag who broke his mothers heart

#1 Zebraknight456, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't. Commit. Suicide. Every person here on the planet is unique, and there is no possible way to recreate anybody exactly. Can anything ever be so bad as to lose what cannot ever be replaced? You are the one and only you that there ever was and ever will be in the universe. Think of the people that love you and will always love who you are no matter what happens. How will they react if you take your own life? And also, your being gay as a politician will probably not affect you. There aren't that many people that will let homosexuality be a factor in their decision on whether or not they should vote for you. Some people may add it as a plus that you are brave and tell the truth! Having First Man will be a change, but not that much of a drastic one. If your family hates gays, well that is their fault. Not yours. Nobody ever chooses to be gay, in fact I think many people would want to be straight as to not have to worry about people accepting them. You are a perfectly normal human being.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, suicide never solves any issues, problems, or even feelings. consider the people that care about you and that surround you. you may think that you don't make a difference, but YOU DO, even if it is the slightest presence or words. Sexual Orientation doesn't make you what you are, actions do. when you get into politics, people will be concerned about the actions you decide to take rather then what your preference is in bed. i always say that family are people you can confide in and can expect to say anything without having a single judgement cast upon you, people that are willing to give you a home and the shirts off your back just as you have with them, they don't always mean having the same blood. If they won't accept you for who you are and the course you decide to take, they're not family, they're just people who can only think for themselves and their selfish ways. Brian K Sims is an openly gay politician and still makes a difference, as well as Harvey Milk was. to be honest, i rather have a politician like you then what we see in most cases.
    I used to feel the same way every day, waking up every morning, having to look at the face i hated the most until an unfortunate death of a friend changes that perspective. it takes a while and a journey to accept yourself. you are just as equally important than any human being on this planet.