1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I come out or no?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Akira12, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so I'm going to this alternative night school and I'm in my second to last year. I am 17 year old guy and wanting to know if I should come out to the whole school or not? If come out to 2 people a straight guy and a lesbian who are my friends and accepted me but I'm going insane from staying in the closet and just wanna come out and be myself and go "Hey world I'm gay and proud of it!!" But I am terribly scared of being shunned or bullied or both. Should I come out and if so how would I go about it? Trying to work on my self confidence and esteem and I have gotten so far...so very far on getting it up!! But anyways just wanna know your guys and girls opinions on it? Should I come out to my mom as we'll cause she has told me I wish u weren't gay but if u are I will accept u no matter what since u are my son and I will love you unconditionally but problem is my step dad who is an extreme homophobic and grandma who is a devout Christian. How would I come out to them? Thank you for all the suggestions and sorry for this long message lol:lol: have a fantastic weekend!!

P.S is there any dating sites for gays that I could trust to use other then this one since I can't use it as of yet? Also how would I come out on Facebook or is that a bad idea?

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Say that you are gay publicly, if that is what you want to do. But there are some things that you should make sure of first. Be certain that no harm will come to you when you tell people. If you think that you might get beat up, then coming out just isn't a good idea for you. And as for not being accepted, there are more LGBT friendly people than you think. And remember, those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind. Your mom would be OK to come out to, she definitely sounds like she would be accepting, unless what she said was a total lie which I doubt. Your stepdad, don't come out to him. And your grandma, you'd be surprised about how many non homophobic Christians there are. My mom is a firm believer of the Bible, but still told me that she would accept my being gay if I was. But make sure, first. Nothing worse than an angry grandma, heh heh :grin:.

---------- Post added 26th Feb 2014 at 10:06 PM ----------

And as for the dating sites, I wouldn't know, I'm 11.