1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to the pansexuals out there...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Red ribbon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Red ribbon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i wanna know how did u come out as pan cause its really hard to explain it to people >.<
    most people give up and come out as bi ou something, i do that, every time someone asks i say im bi or just say i like people

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Pansexualism isn't seen as a legitimate orientation to a lot of people. We're sort of viewed as desperate, just like bisexuals are "unreliable" and have trouble dating someone lesbian or gay. We have some stereotypes to fight.

Pan is a way or saying you also accept people under the transgender umbrella, and a lot of people view it as being desperate enough to date anyone. Which is a horrible assumption to make but that's the way it is.

When I came out I didn't say pan. I said "I love people for being people" and however they translate that is up to them.

3. Cygne

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm pan and planning to come out in a few months.
    I'm also planning to give "slips-for-fucktards" of sorts to the ignorant slutnuggets out there. These slips are merely hand drawn/written "happy 12th birthday" cards laced with drawings of Monster cans, t-shirts with offensive text on them and other stuff that 12 year olds and 12 year olds alone are up to their fucking eyeballs in.

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Can you elaborate? I've read this three times and I'm lost.

5. Cygne

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Basically, from my point of view, people who have nothing better than to complain about how me being pansexual is just me trying to seem special, and then claim their right to be an ass about my sexuality, just need to grow the fuck up. Therefore, I'm making little cards telling the person in question to have a happy twelfth birthday, including little drawings of cans of Monster Energy and t-shirts such as this filth:
    [​IMG]

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Oh gotcha! And yes I see those shirts all over my high school! People do need to grow up.

7. Fluff

So far I've come out to two people any the first person was bisexual so it was like what ever. Te second person being catholic I told how there is more than hetero and lgbt. Then I explained genderidentities and the root pan. Then I just finished with "I'm pansexual but most people just called me confused. Are we still friends?" And that was that. Not that fun or interesting but I hope it helps.

8. animequeen567

I've had the luck of having friends that know what pansexuality is...but to the people that don't I just tell them I like all different kinds of people and leave it at that. People usually don't argue, but I know that's not always gonna be the case.

9. Red ribbon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hahaha great idea! :lol:

---------- Post added 27th Feb 2014 at 08:44 PM ----------

yea not many people know what pan is :icon_sad:. i see u r demiromantic, how do u explain that to people?

10. prettylonely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    what is a pansexual?

11. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

You know how bisexual enjoy male and female?

Pansexual like boys, girls, and transgender people. Another way people describe it is being "blind" to gender in all forms.

12. Red ribbon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bisexuals like males (that identify as males) and females (that identify as females)
    Pansexuals like males (that identify as male or not) and females (that identify as females or not), basically people of all genders.
    I think saying that we are "blind" is a bit much

#12 Red ribbon, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014