1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I date her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WishingOnAStar, Feb 27, 2014.

1. WishingOnAStar

Okay. So I like one of my close friends and about a week ago I would've said I had no chance with her. But a few days ago I told her I was lesbian and she was totally okay with it. In fact, she said she was bi. A day later I finally told her I had a crush on her... only I told her I used to. I never said I still didn't but... she also said she used to have a crush on me. So I don't know if she's lying to or telling the truth. I think I really like her but we are sorta unalike-shes a duck face and I'm a smile girl if you know what I mean. Neither of us are publicly out yet either. Few know she bi and many know I'm lesbian. But she's also bi and I don't want to make her uncomfortable or lose our friendship if it falls out I don't see how it could because she's a very go-with-the-flow person, and likes attention. Sooo any advice would be great! Thanks! :help: :kiss:

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    If she is bi, then maybe you could tell her that you still do like her. I get why you said you used to, straight people can get nervous when gay people say that they like them. But now that you know she is bi, she shouldn't feel to uncomfortable. If you like her than maybe you could help her come out, just remember to not force her from the closet. Nobody likes that kind of 'assisting'. But, support her. And, if she does come out, you two might be able to get in a relationship if she still does like you! Remember, love is kind of like magnets. Opposites attract but that doesn't mean they can't come together!

3. WishingOnAStar

Thanks. I appreciate the great advice!

4. WishingOnAStar

And also how is it fair for me to help her out of the closet without myself being out first.

5. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Good point. Well, then maybe you could help each other come out! Help her come out, she could help you come out. Coming out with a partner to support you sounds like a good idea to me! Although, I've never had a partner before. Im forever alone. :icon_sad:

6. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    go for it (!) (!) (!) come on I'm dancing for u

7. WishingOnAStar

Thanks guys! I'll take your advice! Wish me luck. I will tell you what she says... :slight_smile:

8. WishingOnAStar

... I'm scared:frowning2:

9. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's fine if you're scared. You are scared whenever you tell someone you like them. It's perfectly natural, just try not to let it get in your way.

10. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there!

Think of all the good things that'll come when you're out. The feeling of freedom without the constant need to hide yourself. It might be hard to visualize the good things, but if you're dead set on it, don't let one moment of self-doubt stop you!

Fear is natural and it is only when we face our fears and push it down, can we achieve great things :slight_smile: