1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26 & coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Decisions123, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Decisions123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi

Need some advice! I'm 26 and have not told anyone that I like guys as well as women.

I've just been on a lads holiday & had a really difficult time as Couldn't be myself.

I really want to tell 1 of my mates (also a housemate) but stop when I open my mouth!

Difficulty is, this mate I really like too! Any tips/advice/words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. canadaman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey I can totally relate to you! I just turned 28 a couple weeks ago and came out right before my birthday so we were in similar boats here! First you have to make sure that you accept who you are. The first person that I told it was the hardest thing to say those words. THANK GOD I SAID THE WORDS THOUGH!! My life has improved so much in such a short time by just being honest with the people in my life. Telling people has gotten much easier and trust me it is way harder to stay in the closet than it is to tell people who you are. LOVE YOURSELF! You are in this world to be you and please you so do what makes you happy! Best of luck - Truly!

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just come out. But I wouldn't tell the mate that you like him, straight guys can get a little uneasy if a gay person likes them. It would just increase the chances of him not accepting you. But it is always good to test the waters first. Bring up an LGBT+ subject and gauge his reaction. If it is positive, then telling him should turn out OK.

4. Decisions123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So just did it. Told my mate & he was really fine with it. Felt such a relief to say it. We didn't talk about it for long he only had a couple of questions about who else knows etc but that was it really. 1 down...

5. HarleyQ girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First let me say congrats for coming out!! I'm glad you had a positive experience with the first person you came out to. I can totally relate to you as I'm 25 trying to work up the courage to come out myself!