1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i scared to tell my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iloveanimals, Feb 28, 2014.

1. iloveanimals

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Me and my mom are not close at all. So I am scared to tell her I am bi. I have bi friends but I don't tell her about them. I have one she knows is bi but the comments she make about her make me wonder how she will react. My mom is very religious. I go to a private Christian school. Church on Sunday and Wednesday night s. She has me dating a guy I don't want to and won't listen when I try to tell her. Any ideas?:help:

2. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Is there any reason you need to tell your mother or is it more of a "get if off your chest" type of thing? Once you tell her you can't take it back so make sure you have a support team whether that's friends, other family members, or other trusted adults in your community and life. Your mother also might surprise you and be more accepting than you think she'll be. You won't know until you try but if you're concerned she'll react poorly a support team will make things a bit easier.

If you provide a bit more detail we might be able to give you more specific advice - your age, living situation, ability to support yourself financially, etc.

Good luck and keep posting!

3. abandonedsocks

Perhaps, at least I've found this to be helpful to me in my process of coming out. Is that you casually bring the subject up, (this'll be easier since you have a friend that is!) and inform your mom about the sexuality. People are often hostile because they don't understand something. Just remember to not attack her beliefs or say they're wrong, just gently explain that love is a basic human emotion, and one of the most beautiful as well--they shouldn't be denied!

As for your boyfriend, is she forcing you to see him? If you break it off, I can't imagine she can do much about it. Sure, she may not approve, but only you know what is best for you personally, and dating someone you don't want to date is just unhealthy.

4. ilovemypuppy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so I lock myself out of iloveanimal not firgue the website out yet.I an currently live with my mom and her boyfriend which is hard. This is the three boyfriend mom has brought in her kids life. There issix kids and two adults living in this house. My mom can be very controlling because she say I am rebellious and like my father. I go to school which is a private Christian school and when I get home my baby brother is guled to my hip. I love my family and am scared to lose them but I really like this girl who is actually mad at me right now because of my mom.