1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to realise something...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wardrobe93, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Wardrobe93

This may seem blatantly obvious to people...

but I've only realised recently that all this shit i'm going through; this anxiety deppression and overwhelming stress is down to one thing.... ME

Ive only told some family and theyre all fine with it which i always knew would be the case. But I myself have really struggled with who I am. Also ive had some relationship issues recently. I've been MISERABLE for so long. I've decided fuck everyone and it will only get better once I accept and explore who I am :slight_smile: because most people really don't care!

Its easier said than done but ive gotta do something that scares me or it might kill me!

Listen out there people! As long as you can accept and love who you are then you will be happy! Shit happens but you will be!

xxxx

2. Julieno

In my experience that is a very important step, man! Many times we are the ones denying ourselves the chance to be happy. I also learned that lesson a short time ago :slight_smile:

You won't always be successful in everything you do, but you will be able to put yourself together again, learn from your failures and become stronger. And by accepting yourself you will find much easier to find people who will also accept and support you.

Congrats on that! :slight_smile:

3. StephenSC

It is very true, and very sad, that we are often the ones that hold us back the most. I found for me this mainly happens when you reach a point of uncertainty. A time when life leads us to something we are afraid or scared to face. Or to a point where something goes wrong for us and and we end up upset and depressed about it and we fear it happening again.

It's this fear, a fear of making mistakes, a fear of getting hurt, that holds us back. It sort of leads to getting stuck in a weird type of rut where it's impossible to make difficult choices or you get left "dwelling" on the past. Despite the fact you might want to make changes to life or to move on from past pains, fear is a difficult thing to overcome. It takes a great deal of inner strength and a lot of effort to overcome it, even if you know you've fallen into this "rut", it is difficult.

It's awesome when you can become aware of how much of what happens in your life and how much of what you feel is in your control. You have the power to make amazing changes your life, while it is at times a very difficult process and even though you can make mistakes as you go about it, it's well worth moving on from past pains and continuing to look forward. Happiness comes to those who make an effort find it, not those who wait for it to find them.

Good on you for looking!

4. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    While it is directly you causing your anxiety/depression, you should try to remember that it's mostly because of society's historical labeling of us as something to be ashamed of. We've been programmed to feel bad about it, you might say.

5. Julieno

In my opinion Pummelmuffin is right.

I know other people may have a different opinion on this, but for me that is the true sense of the gay pride day. Accepting yourself even if it means going against the norm and risk being hurt is something we should be proud of :slight_smile: