1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impatient and stressed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by eggnog, Mar 3, 2014.

1. eggnog

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I'm flying back to my hometown in just over 2 weeks and I decided a few months ago that I want to come out to my oldest and dearest friend (and perhaps a few others) during my trip. But even though I have been hiding my sexuality and my 8-year long relationship with a woman for years now, it's these final few weeks leading up to my trip that are driving me absolutely crazy. I find myself preoccupied with how I'm going to bring up the subject, how the conversation might go, etc.

I'm the kind of person that might take a long time to reach a decision but once I finally do I just want to get on with it. I'm fighting myself to keep from just blurting it out in a text message or sending an email because I really want to do this in person. I think it's important for my coming out process to do it in person where I can see her reaction and we can properly talk things out without other distractions.

Not really seeking too much advice here, just venting my impatience. Counting down the days now... 17 days. Why does that seem like forever when I've already waited so many years for this?? Crazy crazy :eusa_doh: