1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by willingrace, Mar 3, 2014.

1. willingrace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've always known that I wasn't straight. I'm confused as to what I am. I used to say bisexual since I am sexually attracted to both genders. Once I had sex with my first girl, I stopped being fully attracted to men. Have I realized that I am a lesbian, or have I just been burned too many times by men? Also, I don't know why I do it, but I am completely open about me liking girls to some friends and others I keep it a secret. I'm not ashamed, I don't want to lose friends over this, but I know those are friends I shouldn't keep. My mom thinks it's a phase, I know it's not. (!)

2. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand - because my mother thinks it's a phase as well! That can really make it more difficult to come out to people beyond the family. No, it's definitely not something to feel ashamed of. I first came out as bisexual, because I sort of thought that I did have an attraction to guys, but the truth, I realized, was actually that I was more focused on any connection I had with men so that I could dismiss my sexual attraction to girls. Then I came out as a lesbian. Are you sometimes still attracted to men? Do you think you could be attracted to men again?

3. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there!

I don't know how old you are currently, but I truly think if you are to choose an absolute position on your sexuality, it should wait until adulthood. The human brain is a spectacular part of our brain but sometimes it can be so damn confusing!

Don't label yourself if you're unsure. You can just say "I'm not straight" and that's it! Truly, when you find the person that you fall hard for, the answer to your question will come clear to you.

Ultimately, you'll choose the person that feels right, not the one with the right sexual organ :wink:

Anyways, good luck, but my advice is not to stress out labels just yet. Stay with the hard facts - Am I attracted to men? Am I attracted to females? Do I feel more attracted to females? If yes, then you know you're not straight, and sometimes that's enough for now!

I hope this helps :slight_smile: