1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will she understand

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by C146, Mar 3, 2014.

1. C146

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    hi, i have recently identified myself as being bisexual and although i am not ready to come out to my family, i want to tell my flat mates but im worried they'll react as if im some sort of wierdo. they often say things like 'that's so gay' when talking about things being annoying/stupid and although they dont mean to offend, im worried my sexuality might reak them out?
    Any advice?
    :confused::confused:

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

But are you sure about your bisexuality?

3. Rocky123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Perhaps you can mention in general that you have nothing against gay or bisexual people, so you don't like to use the expression, "That's so gay"-then tell them more if they seem to understand where you're coming from on that point.

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    A lot of people that use the term 'gay' to mean dumb or stupid actually have nothing against homosexuality. But, a some do. So test the waters by mentioning an LGBT topic and see what they say. Just try not to hint that you are gay by doing so. I've seen some cases of this where the people were actually homophobic and the people were trying to ask about it for me to support me. So be careful, but test their feelings on homosexuality.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I agree it's probably best to test the water. I wouldn't go on the fact they say that so gay because I say that sometimes.

6. Molgera

I would agree what most of the other people so far. I would 'test the waters' before saying anything. Another thing to consider if it looks like they are fine with your sexuality is to figure out if you would want to come out to all of them at the same time, or to start by telling the one you are closest to first.