1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sharoy, Mar 3, 2014.

1. sharoy

I really want to come out to everyone. Well, actually, let's face it; I wish I already were out to everyone. I want my friends and family to know I'm bi, at which point I will be really relieved. The hardest part for me is the actual act of coming out. How do you say it? It just doesn't come up, and whenever I get the chance, I get nervous. I have no reason to, I live in a place where basically everyone is accepting; also at least half of my friends are gay or bi, so I don't feel like I'll be isolated or teased or anything, it's just...

I don't really know what it is I'm afraid of. It'll be a load off my chest, and I'll feel much better afterward, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Help? :S

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just do it. The easiest way is to tell someone "There's something I want you to know. I'm bi."

3. WishingOnAStar

But what if there is no one else to tell? I told all of my friends and family. How do you get people to know that you aren't close with? I want everyone to know but people at my school are too stupid to recognize rainbow jewelry? Sorry to invade on your thread but I think we feel the same way.

4. MessieM

what i did with one of my friends was basically warn her that I was going to talk to her about something really important some time in the future. This way she was prepared, ready for me to say something to her at any point, and I felt like it was an inevitability, and because I had never set a date or time I just told her when it felt right.

5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just go for it. You know you want to, and you know that it'll probably be received well, so it doesn't sound like that hard. Buy a pride bracelet; that's what I'm planning to do when I come out. Wear that around and let people draw their own conclusions.

(Answering WishingOnAStar's question as well.) Well, if you want to come out to everyone, there's pride jewelry for one option. It doesn't have to be rainbow. I've seen one that's a leather bracelet with a metal plaque on it that you can get custom text on. Update your Facebook profile as well if you want to get the message out there. There are so many ways to spread the word. Plus, if you don't tell people not to tell, then the rumor mill will always run.