1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out...Or Just Slowly Letting it Leak Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ComingOutInTO, Mar 4, 2014.

1. ComingOutInTO

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's safe to say I'm not out yet. But I don't want to showboat it either, make a giant splash, turn my public unveiling into a massive event. I've adopted an attitude where if somebody asks me about sexuality, I'll just quietly mention it and not deny it. How has this approach worked for others who've gone this route?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's worked great for me. :slight_smile:
    It allows you to more easily control who knows about your sexuality. Should you be able to tell everyone? Yes, but unfortunately being gay still has some limitations in the job world.

I only tell someone if it comes up in conversation. Sexuality is such a small part of what makes me who I am, so I don't think it should be one of the first things people know about me.

Definitely an okay way to handle it, from my experience. :thumbsup:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it works nicely. I told my parents just to test the waters of acceptance, and I never bothered to tell anyone else. So far, only one person has ever asked me about my orientation...

4. fundrop22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the best option would what you are thinking right now. If the topic comes up and someone asks you and you feel comfortable telling them, then go for it. Not everyone needs to know every detail of your life :slight_smile: