1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting outed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fundrop22, Mar 5, 2014.

1. fundrop22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Has anyone ever been outed or kinda feel like they might be outed about themselves?

2. HIL91025

I've been asked if I'm gay where people have had suspicions. I remember back at school I got seriously quizzed about whether me and my (then) best friend had kissed, and I went bright red whenever they asked me. It's completely true, we were actually going out for a year haha, so we did more than kiss.

Yeah, it's scary when someone has figured you out, though. No one has said anything since... luckily...

3. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Sometimes I'm paranoid that my parents already know ( they manage to find everything out) and that they will out me. If I still went to school with one of my friends that I told she would probably out me.

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be so paranoid about being outed to my friends, now I'm just paranoid about being outed to my grandparents. There was one time where only a handful of people knew about my sexuality, and the second person I told went and told her BOYFRIEND about me. To make matters worse, she also dragged my crush (female) outside one morning and told her that I had a crush on her. So I got outed to two people by her. It wasn't too bad, now that I think about it, but it was still pretty embarrassing.

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never actually been outed but for a long time I was incredibly paranoid. Only recently have I gotten to the point where I stopped caring about what would happen if I did get outed. Honestly, I'm surprised that people are surprised when I come out to them. I guess I don't set off other people's gaydars as much as I think I do.

6. Mr Bubbles

I was outed by my mother... she found my journal and read it. She then told my dad about it.

7. Juggalo

People think I'm gay and ask me ALL THE TIME, simply because I dont date. Growing upI received it a lot more. I never say I'm staight, misdirection is easier with phrases such as no thanks or I'm not gay (not a lie since I don't know what I am anymore lol). They never ask cuz of me acting stereotypical but simply because I don't date. The people I've told hav reacted with "so, im mexican", "but you don't have a purse", "NO WAY OMG I DONT BELIEVE IT...wait everything makes sense now OMG" and "no you aren't."

If someone were to out me I'd flip shit. Luckily my job can't fire me for it. lol

8. HIL91025

Did it work out okay? Are you glad it happened or do you wish you had hidden the journal better?

9. a1rborne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my early twenties several friends insistently asked me if I was gay. Unfortunately, I was not ready at that time to admit it, so I vehemently denied being gay. These moments were not very pleasant, but they did not have any consequences. I don't know if they believed me, though.

Last year, when I finally came out, I made it explicitly clear to everyone I came out to that I did not expect them to keep it secret and that it was fine for me if they told it someone else. Like this, there was no room for misunderstandings or disappointments.