1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobes /christianity /school /gender expectations

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WoodenPecker, Mar 5, 2014.

1. WoodenPecker

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now, i'm already openly gay, to like, my mom, most of my family and everyone in my school, maybe a bad idea considering it's only secondary school, but anyways.
    i get judged ALLOT for this, people saying either "that's disgusting and wrong, you're gross" or "that's a sin"
    and i hate how i get EXPECTED to do things, like cut my hair, and not shave my body, people literally tell me to have short hair and a hairy body even though all of my past partners and my current one love my look, but that's not enough, it's always about the individuals.
    back to the homophobia crap.
    I have met a few homophobic teachers, treating me like a sub-human and patronising me, in my primary school, the teachers even put fucking SOAP in my mouth for "being against god"
    i always end up looking like an idiot, i never know how to respond, i'm constantly bombarded by idiots at my school saying stupid things like "IF UR AN GAY THAT MEENS U LIKE MEN RITE?" and the classic "YOU LIKE DICK?"
    oh, i've even had idiots think that because i'm gay, i'm a scat fetishist, for anyone reading, this is not a question thread, please post below stuff that pisses you off on this topic, thanks for reading ^-^

2. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the worst is when you walking you can clearly hear them, "You know he's gay right?!" And they're like "*gasp*" it's really annoying. :bang:

3. WoodenPecker

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know, it's like, "I'M GAY" doesnt mean "I'M GAY" anymore, apparantly it means, "DEBATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS WHO SHOULD COME UP TO ME AND ASK ME IF I'M GAY"
    (There is no gun to head smilie)

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not really out yet, but my friends constantly joke about me being gay and are clearly against it. I'm called a fag almost constantly and it seems like everybody knows, some people are open to it and other people agree, act subtly homophobic, and treat me like I'm a special help kid. And I'm smarter than almost all of them, I've checked. And I everybody who's popular treats everybody else like dirt. For instance, because of this the only person who wouldn't tell me to f:***:ck off when I talk to them now hates me. God, I hate the popular kids. :bang:

5. Ty Stylinson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hate it when homophobics say 'Mind your business'. Like, I'll be walking down the hallway and hear someone I know is homophobic tell someone to 'Shut up and mind their business' and I'll just be really pissed. Like, how about you mind yours?

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They put soap in your mouth? Literally? That's... really bad... :confused:

At my school it's not nearly as bad, though I am annoyed that I'm not allowed to do this project about a "controversial issue" on gay marriage because apparently it offends some people's religious beliefs. -_-

I do get some comments from people telling me I should cut my hair because apparently lesbians have to have short hair... :/ Sometimes people tell me I'm too feminine to be a 'real' lesbian. And there are people who keep trying to convince me that I'm just 'sexually confused'.

7. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been told I'm going to hell by the Fenner Farley at my school. He doesn't know I'm bi, but he's said that "gays are a cancer on society" and that we're on the same level as drug dealers and that we deserve to burn in hell right in front of me, even in debate with me. Every time I try to go against him he just pulls out the Bible he keeps in his pocket and tries to shove it down my throat. And freshman football players...I was with them for ten minutes before track practice and I was ready to throttle them. So many gay slurs.

8. WoodenPecker

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeh, soap doesnt taste too great :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    but yeah, people should stop expecting people to be like something, everybody's different, and if you think otherwise, you're an idiot, good luck with stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That thing about soap is really disturbing. I don't know where you live, but in most places in the US, such actions by a teacher would qualify as abuse, and the teacher would be in danger of dismissal, regardless of tenure.

I'm old enough that any experiences I had in school aren't directly comparable to yours. But I will comment from a teacher's perspective, because I was a high-school math teacher for many years.

Couple of examples. Ten years ago, a sophomore who worked as an office assistant one period a day came into my classroom to deliver a note from the office. He looked around the room, saw one of his football teammates, and yelled "faggot" at the top of his lungs. I ordered him out of the room, and at the end of class, I went to the office, reported his behavior, and asked for suspension. He was dropped as an office assistant, but not suspended or given any other punishment. I was furious.

And repeatedly, over the years, someone in class would say "That's so gay." I always stopped the class, even in mid sentence, and gave the entire class an earful about the inappropriateness of the comment. One of my dearest friends today is a 24-year-old who was in one of those classes 8 years ago, who came out as gay 4 years ago.

The worst, for me, is that even in 2006 (my last year teaching), I heard teachers say "That's so gay," not only when in conversation in the faculty lounge, but in their own classes. And they did it with impunity. And this in a school that claims to have a zero-tolerance policy toward bullying.

Made my blood boil.

I'm so sorry you've had to put up with all of that.

(*hug*)

10. WoodenPecker

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in england :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Modern society sucks, just like old society.

11. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand why you feel that way. It sounds like you've been made to feel pretty miserable in your current circumstances.

For your generation, though, it's possible to hope, and to believe, that it will get better. (Because for a lot of you, it does.) Your classmates are at an age where they're unsure of their own identities, and a lot of bullying is a result of that. School-aged kids can be very cruel. But a lot of them grow up to be decent, tolerant people.

I was 6 years old in 1950, graduated high school in '62, college in '66. And you'll have to trust me when I say that, in those days, there was never any hope that it would get better. That's why, if you check in on the Later in Life Forum, you'll find so many of us who married an opposite-sex partner (or two) to try to "fit in," because it was literally a matter of survival.

It. Does. Get. Better.

Please, use the community here to share your stories, and to just vent if you like. This is a safe place to be yourself, and you'll be met with nothing but acceptance and affirmation here.

(*hug*)

P.S. You username amuses me...:eusa_danc

#11 StillAround, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  12. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Try watching the FineBros kids react to gay marriage video. In the next generation, there was only one out of thirteen people that was homophobic.

13. Imsoweird

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in a pretty accepting town and my school is not that homophobic so I guess I'm lucky. Only my closest friends at my school know I'm a lesbian and they are cool with it. If I would come out to the rest of my school I guess I would get some people staring at me and stuff but I don't really care anout that.
    Most of my class thinks I'm annoying already cuz I speak up to people and just bc I'm different than the popular gang I guess.
    Ok this didn't made much sense which means I have to go to sleep now. Goodnight.

14. WoodenPecker

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm surprised you people care about me XD

15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that video! Their reactions are so cute! ^.^

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2014 at 06:47 PM ----------

Well that sounds sad... why wouldn't we? We all have to face homophobia too. Maybe not to your extent, but we still don't like it...

16. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people

Yeah, and I thought some of the guys were kinda cute, too.

17. hiddenxrainbows

Of course we care! We're all family here, and I don't think any of us want our family to be treated like that. I'm so sorry you have to put up with that. But it will get better eventually. Some people are still intolerant, immature, and rude as adults, but some actually grow up. And as an adult, you're not forced to be around as many people as when a minor in school. You can usually get away from the people who give you a hard time easier than you could in school. Of course, you still have to be around people at your job, whether you like them or not. But it usually isn't as bad as high school.

18. WoodenPecker

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [/COLOR]
    Well that sounds sad... why wouldn't we? We all have to face homophobia too. Maybe not to your extent, but we still don't like it...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm just usually told nobody cares and shit like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol. ^.^

That's exactly what they'd want you to think.

20. Munyal

My religion teacher tried to convince me to join the priesthood so I would't get married lol. Also, people say stuff like faggot right in front of my face, that bothers me.