1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little forum for younger LGBT's

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, my name is Josh, I'm out to my cousin two sisters and a friend. This forum is for the younger LGBT's just to tell what's happening.
    Me. My coming out experiences are very dull. I came out through text, I know it's pathetic but to me it's easier. Now I feel like I'm having coming out fever, I want to come out to everybody...but the hardest one is going to be coming out to my
    Parents.
    Well I hope this forum helps younger LGBT's to talk. Love you all!!(&&&)

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello again, Josh... Why do I always seem to be the first to reply on your threads? Anyway, how do your parents feel about LGBT stuff? If they support it or don't really care, then it should be OK to tell them. But, it's easier said than done, believe me. Anyway, how do your parents feel about LGBT? If I knew that I might be able answer your question in greater detail.

3. WishingOnAStar

I feel the same way. I'm so anxious to get it off my chest but all I've ever said it in is text. I'm going to high school in a few months and I'm dying for the year to start. Eighth grade sucks because its your last year to do anything. Everyone at my middle school is going to a different high school so I feel it would be best to wait until high school in my situation because I waited so long. I only fully realized my sexuality this year and I'm never going back. Good luck Josh:slight_smile:

4. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    WishingOnAStar,
    I am also in eight grade and am just waiting to get outside the confines of middle school. For me, it's the same. I've only really ever come out to anyone through text. I mean, I've talked about it in person with people, never really mentioning it, but I've never come out to someone in person.
    So I get what you all are going through. I sympathize.

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2014 at 09:59 PM ----------

Also, I came out to my mom (my only parent) during the summer/near the beginning of the school year. She was skeptical at first, and honestly, I think she still is, but it got better. Sorry to sound impersonal, but...IT GETS BETTER. It really does. Yes, I know, I sound like one of those generic "get well" cards that an acquaintance may give you. Truthfully, and in all sincerity, It gets better.

5. treespoon

Oh, when I told my friend there was tears haha.
    We were at a highschool for a school workshop thing all day. I'd been meaning to tell her that I might not be straight, and I made a deal with myself that she would know by the end of the day. I am a very anxious, anxiety-ridden person, and all throughout that day I was breathing in and out to keep myself from breaking down. I asked her to come to the bathroom with me, felt a physical blockage in my throat and couldn't tell her. Finally I spit it out and we hugged and she cried and said it was okay and it was fine and she didn't care. I love her for it.
    She's the only one who knows, but I'd be happy to tell other people. The only thing is that there's a REALLY homophobic guy in my class, and he's also super popular. I worry that he'll hate me or something. Plus, it's grade eight, a super awkward year. Like, I have one year left with these people, so should I just be out? Or wait the four months until the year is over. Ugh.

6. nonbinarym

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you feel comfortable, tell one other person. If you are able to, try to gauge their reaction by bringing up local LGBT+ news or talk about LGBT Olympians in the recent Winter Olympics.

7. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This has nothing to do with anything but why are most peoples moods are depressed? *SadFace*

8. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mine is because someone got the only person that listens to me in my class to hate me.

9. KanayaMaryam

I know I stopped being within the age range described in the intro like 3 years ago lulz D8, but if you guys ever need to vent or just want a chat, I'm always open. I'll listen as patiently as I can. <3

10. Daniel003

Im 15 so i guess i still count as younger user. Iv only told 3 people, all by text and have hardly spoken about it in person with those people but know there are more people that i want to tell but dont know how to. Im not aware of any true homophobia in my school but im sure there is some so im worried that if i tell other people then i might encounter it

11. Yosia

I really struggle to come out and all except one have been through text too >.< i reallywant to come out to everyone!! But i cant, i too shy >_<

12. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm planning to come out to everyone at the start of next school year. That way if people react badly, I've only got one more year to deal with them before I'm gone. The few people I'm out to now have taken it very well. The only person I came out to over text was my ex-gf and that's because there was a perfect set-up in the conversation. Everyone else I've told I've told in person. I'm lucky enough to have some great friends who are just as weird as I am, and still love me none the less. They're even willing to talk about it with me, and one of them knows the guy I'm crushing on.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still struggling! It feels great once you actually do it!

13. newfish

I've only told two people, but it's both been in person. I think I'm going to do the same just kind of throwing it in to a conversation with my sister. But then with friends I'm not as close to I might to facebook chat or something. Or just add an interested in section to facebook and add privacy to prevent my dad and extended family from seeing it.

Doing quick reply, so that quote may be weird. Anyway, I would come out if you start to feel the pressure of keeping a secret. If not, maybe wait. Also, if you just tell a few people you trust, it could go a long way towards helping you, but the popular homophobe wouldn't have to know about it.