1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very anxious

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spacetime, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family has a tendency to have heart to hearts while doing chores, especially when washing the dishes. I have no idea why. My dad actually proposed to my mom while doing the dishes. But I'm getting off track.

I've known I was gay since I was 14 years old. I spent years afterwards trying to convince myself I wasn't. I always promised myself that I'd come out when I was 18. I turned 18 at the end of last year and was starting to get really anxious. So I just did it today. I was washing the dishes and my parents were in the kitchen so I told them. (I came out to my sister a couple months ago). It was kind of childish. I said something along the lines of, "I just thought that you guys should know that I've always like girls and only girls." But I got the words out. Mom teared up and hugged me. Dad hugged me and said he didn't care, he just wanted to be happy. Great responses from wonderful parents.

I thought I'd feel less anxious afterwards, but I'm still really shaky and nervous hours after. I'm not sure why.

2. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    These are the kind of stories i want to hear :slight_smile: i hope your very happy now

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds great! Glad it turned out well for you.