1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need encouragement

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IphisAndIanthe, Mar 6, 2014.

1. I want to come out to my two best friends today, but I'm super nervous. I'm thinking of just sending them a joint facebook message then waiting for a response. I really need some words of encouragement because my bravery level isn't where it needs to be. If anyone can help hold my hand through this, that would be great. Thanks for reading.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know how your friends stand on the whole LGBT issue? Are they open to it? Are you unsure?

If they're open to it, just pick a good time and place to come out to them, and then... do it. It's tough, I know, but if they're your best friends, they'll understand.

If you're unsure how they feel about it, I'll wait to read your response and then pitch in my two cents.

Also - Your username is awesome. Fantastic choice.

3. They are pretty open minded; it's just head to know for sure how anyone is going to react, you know?

Thanks so much for responding.

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2014 at 09:46 AM ----------

And thanks.:thumbsup:

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye, it sucks not knowing haha, but that's life. A giant bowl of uncertain possibilities. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    If they're open to it, I can only imagine the reaction would be on the positive side of things.

5. Thanks again. You're right. I sent them the message, and now all I have to do is wait. It's out of my hands.

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2014 at 10:42 AM ----------

One of my friends saw the message, but she hasn't responded yet. I don't know what that means.

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The dreaded 'Read receipt'. My bf hates those because you see that someone sees it, but they don't reply.
    AHHHHH!! SO ANNOYING! :eusa_doh:

Patience. Best of luck! Update us with what happens! :slight_smile:

#6 TJ, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  7. I know! My friend is such a butthead. Still no response. I'm going to step away from the computer a bit to calm down.

Thanks again for replying to me. You've helped me feel better about the whole thing.

---------- Post added 6th Mar 2014 at 11:31 AM ----------

Update: One friend has replied and is being super supportive. The other remains silent, but I'm happy about the first response.

8. Update #2: The second friend has replied and is also really supportive. She sent me a picture of a unicorn cat. I worried for nothing. Yay!

9. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A UNICORN CAT?!?!
    Dude. That's uber support right there.

Congrats!!

10. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really happy for you! In a lot of cases it's always the overwhelming amount of fear before sending the message out to your friends, but the relief and support is just as, if not more overwhelming. You should be proud of who you are, and the friends you've made!

Congrats!