1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Before School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by newfish, Mar 6, 2014.

1. newfish

So I just made a different post about coming out to my sister, but before doing that I would like to come out to another friend. She's a good friend, I trust her, and I know she would be accepting, but most of the time I see her we're in a group. I normally get to school a bit over half an hour before it starts, and she gets there later, but I'm not honestly exactly sure how much later. I can normally walk with her alone. I wondered if it would work to come out to her before school. I'm a bit hesitant because of time and because of other people being around. I wondered if anyone else had thoughts.

2. IsThisAName

If you are sure that you will have enough privacy and time to do it, then I would say go for it! Especially if you're sure that she'll be accepting of it. Just meet her and start talking to her as you normally would, and if you see an opportunity to come out to her and you feel comfortable, say it. I came out to one of my friends a few weeks ago on a complete limb and it went great and it felt great just to tell someone. I was in a wonderful mood the rest of the day just from getting it off my chest to someone. :slight_smile: So I say go for it! Good luck!

3. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would say walk with her. If you know that shes going to be supportive and kind. Just tell her. Before you see her go with her friends, run up to her and say it.
    I hope this helps :slight_smile:

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my first person before school because we were both early at the bus stop so no one else was there, and it worked great for me, so go for it!

5. newfish

Well, I'm leaving for school pretty soon. So I guess in about an hour I'll be out to one more person. I knew that I was nervous last time, but I'd kind of forgotten how it felt.

6. newfish

I did it. We went to buy breakfast from the cafeteria, and then on the way back, I was like, "there's something important I might spit out this week." And she was like "I'm confused." So then we took a different turn and she was like "I'm confused." So I stopped and said it then she just said "OK." so that went pretty smoothly.

7. Silver Sparrow

Yeahhhhh!!!!!!