1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wierd thing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so i just came out to my mom. She said we'll talk about it later. she said she loves me. but the weight that everybody gets taken off is still there. I feel like i haven't even come out yet.
    This is really bothering me. I want the weight gone! Is it because i haven't come out to my dad yet? I just want it off. Please help! :help:

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I think once you talk about it with her seriously the weight will come off. No real feelings were exchanged by her saying "we'll talk later", so it probably feels like you never even said anything. Once you two express how you feel and have a one-on-one you'll feel better.

3. Kreiger

I got really nervous after I told some friends, but that worry subsided after a couple days when I realized they didn't treat me any different.

4. newfish

I didn't get worried that my friend wouldn't accept me, but I did feel like maybe I wasn't right about my orientation and I'd have to embarrassingly take it back. I figured out this was just nerves and felt better. I think we all have the tendency to think having come out was wrong or pointless until we realize how much it opens up your life. I also agree that having a real discussion will change some of it.

5. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, and hello Josh :kiss:. Having a real talk about it with your mom should help. You said before that your parents are divorced, so being out at your mom's home where you can talk about it would probably help, so I don't think it has to do with telling your dad. I am not discouraging it, though! But being able to talk to someone about the guys you like at home should definitely help, you just need to do it! Love you! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: