1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alex772, Mar 7, 2014.

1. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom has been able to tell that something has been bothering me a lot lately. She keeps asking me whats wrong and I want to tell her so bad. Everytime she asks I just say nothing is wrong. She knows I'm lying because I've been so depressed. She is convinced I am lying to her about some medical tests I had done to see if I have cancer. They came back negative thank god but she is convinced I'm lying to her about that and thats not the case at all. I just can't seem to get the words out of my mouth that I'm gay. I don't know what to do or how to tell her. I really would like to tell her soon to get it over with but everytime I try I just can't do it.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to tell her and you can't get the words out of your mouth, take your mouth out of the equation.

Write it down, send her an email, take a picture of you holding a sign with "so homo" written on it and hang it on the wall :slight_smile:

There are lots of ways to get around having to say the words out loud :slight_smile:

3. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have tried to send her an email before and everytime I end up deleting it. I'm almost positive she already knows because me and a friend were at my house and then more of my friends just walk in my house without knocking or anything and pretty much walked in on me and my friend messing around and then my mom walks in and all say "they were screwing around with each other". We just tried to play it off and I ended up just leaving because they were giving me shit about it. I just feel like if I actually just say it that things are going to be alot different between me and everyone else.

4. Meagan

I think right now is the best time to come out honestly. Your mom is likely thinking about how grateful she is that you are healthy and alive that she wouldn't care as much about your sexual orientation.

5. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea thats what I was thinking also. I think I'm going to text her later when she leaves for work in a couple hours since she's sleeping right now. I just hope I can get the courage to actually hit the send button.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do yourself a favour, and don't text her before she goes to work.

Even if she takes it well it doesn't mean it won't shock her. Not to mention that you'll spend the whole day freaking the hell out unless she texts you back with something amazing.

7. King

Assuming your mother would not kick you out or behave inappropriately then you should probably tell her soon.

She maybe worried about your health, so it would relieve her of her concerns, and has others have said she may react better as she is glad that you have good health.

I hope you find a method of telling her and she reacts well.

Do keep us updated and best of luck.

8. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alex, I agree with other posters here. If you were "messing around" with a friend, a least one person (your friend) probably already knows you're gay, and the other friends who walked in on you at least suspect it.

It sounds like it's safe to just tell her.

Let us know how it goes.

9. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it will shock her all that much. Like I said there was that time my friends walked in and plus there were a few other things that happened also different times so I don't think she will be suprised. I'm pretty sure she at least thinks I'm bi because I have had girlfriends but they were pretty much cover ups so people wouldn't suspect anything but they never lasted long. I've only came out officially to one person and she was completely ok with it. The people that walked in on me and my friend would be ok with it also but I don't live anywhere near them anymore and have very little contact with them. The people around where I live now I'm not sure they would take it well. I think I'm more scared of my mom going around telling people because she loves to gossip as well as my oldest sister and my grandma. So I feel like If I tell her its only a matter of time before everyone I know finds out. Which I don't care really because they are gonna find out sometime but I don't really want everyone to find out until I move away later this year at least as far as my friends go.

10. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I didn't even have to tell her. She just straight out asked me.

11. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there you are. You know the choices you have, and you know the risks. Now you just have to decide what to do. For me, a lot would depend on where you live and how accepting a place it is.

(*hug*)

12. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea she tried talking to me before she left to goto work and I said I didn't want to talk. So after she left she texted me saying "this isn't how I wanted to do this but are you gay? if thats whats been bothering you let me make it easier on you" so I replied yes. She said shes ok with it and she will always love me and that she is always here to talk to me and its nothing to be ashamed of.

13. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Done, and done. Don't you feel like a weight's been lifted off your shoulders?

Now do a little dance and celebrate!

Congratulations!

(!)(!)(!)

14. oldpulteney

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh WOW!!! That's awesome!!!

15. Nederhorst

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats! I was gonna try to say something to you but luckily it all already happened.
    I'm happy for you, go enjoy your new life :slight_smile:

16. King

Congratulations, I bet you are relieved that she asked you first.

How will you progress from here? Will you tell people?

17. alex772

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I feel a little bit better but I'm still scared to come out to other people. I think I'm going to wait until I move to come out to everyone else though.

18. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm also kinda scared to come out, everyone my age seems homophobic and every adult seems accepting :icon_sad:. The only way I have ever made it partial public is by coming out on youtube, and I have 3 subs because my Dad won't let me post videos. I guess I post great comments though :icon_bigg! And none of those subs are people that know me personally. My friend calls me a f:***:g a lot, and I never say no anymore, I just don't agree. Apparently my friends don't believe in bisexuality or something, because the only reason partially keeping them from thinking I'm not straight is the fact that I've had crushes on girls in the past. It's good that you've got support from your mom, parents are always the hardest to come out to. But, I feel they can give the most support! She probably will help you come out at school.