1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BCanary, Mar 7, 2014.

1. BCanary

BCanary Guest

Hi, I'm 18 and terribly confused about, well, everything.

I've always known, at least on some level, that I'm not attracted to guys. But it's only recently that I've started to acknowedge that part of myself. When I was younger and girls my age would start talking about crushes and kissing, I would freeze and not answer when asked, because I didn't want to admit that who I wanted to kiss was actually a girl. And when I did kiss a guy to experement I felt abolutely nothing.

I don't know what to do or who to talk to.

My friends aren't homophobic, but they're not exactly comfortable with the whole thing either, which is why I don't feel like I could talk to them about this. I have a massive crush on the one girl that I actually could confide in, but I'm afraid of making her uncomfortable and I would hate to lose her friendship. And I definitely do not want to have this conversation with my parents yet. :icon_sad:

Any advice?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC.

"I don't know what to do or who to talk to."

The problem with this is it suggests there is a 'right' thing to do in this situation. Something you should do, whether it seems like a good idea or not.

So for now, forget it. Forget what you should do and ask yourself what do you WANT to do now. Forget the consequences, because you're not actually going to DO it, just for a moment think about what you WANT to see happen. What would make you happy right now?