1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out help!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rough Landing H, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Rough Landing H

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am very new to this so I must admit I am nervous.
    I've been spending the last 8 years of my life living a secret.
    Since age 14 i've had feelings for girls but my family have prevented me from acting upon these feelings.
    As soon as I knew who I was I asked my dad what he would do if myself or one of my siblings were to come out as gay and he's reply wasn't exactly good. He's reply was pretty much that we wouldn't do that to him, we wouldn't break he's heart or kill him and well the answer put me off telling the truth.
    So i've been dating guys ever since and it never ends well. I've just had yet another relationship end and well it's time to think about myself and not my family.
    I just need help.
    What am I suppose to do?
    There's a girl I really like, I think she's amazing but I am scared.
    I keep replaying in my head over and over again what would likely happen if I told him I liked girls and this scares me, it stops me from finally being able to be true to myself.
    I want to keep everyone happy but for once I want to be happy.
    Has anyone else here ever had problems like this and got through them? How?
    Thanks xx

2. Envira

i haven't had an problems like this, however, I think you should tell him. Tell him how long it took you and how much you fought with yourself, but emphasize how sure you are. say that the last thing you want to do is hurt him, but this has also been painful for you. he doesn't have to like it or agree with it, but you just want him to accept it and not try to change you. You need to do this. You can leave them if it doesn't turn out right.