1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to keep them away?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CharlieHK, Mar 9, 2014.

1. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Sounds really petty, and pathetic. But I have on one side of my family this super crazy religious family. They are Witnesses, and I don't care what you have to say about that religion, I view it as a very cruel manipulative religion. And I have more than enough horror stories about them (like as in my family, my blood) hiding rapes, molestation, and drug addictions that the elders, or elders families have participated in. It's sick.

So my mom refused to be baptized at 13, so she never became a witness, which is why she (an atheist) can still talk with her witness siblings and parents. And so they can have a relationship with their non-religious grand daughter (me). At are most recent family event, my cousin Rene graduating high school, a lot of my cousins brought their young children. (I am the youngest cousin) So these are my second cousins.

On the topic of children it's an alien concept to them that any "female" plans on not having children. And i repeatedly got "oh you don't know what you're talking about, every lady wants a baby". Um, no thank you, the disgusting shit factories that you seem to call cute and worth destroying your body for are not in my future. Because I really prefer women (and transwoman) over men. I mean I hate my uterus enough as it is, so why would I want to actively have it in use for nine months?

I am being asked about a lot. More than just what are your grades, more like personal stuff. Because they are always looking for a way to drag my mom and also me, into their religion. It's annoying.

I want to come out, because once I do, I'm not savable. They'll leave me alone. I'll be free from them trying to insert their religion in my life and their sick opinions on me. But it's not as easy as saying "I'm a lesbian". Because not only do I have an orientation that leans towards women, I identify as male. And I can't come out as trans* because then I'm out to my close family as trans* (My dad is transphobic and biphobic).

I have a "boyfriend". She is MtF, pre everything, so on the outside we are a heterosexual couple. So I can't say I like girls without outing my S.O. as being a transwoman.

I don't know what my options are. I'm about to say "Hey I kissed a girl and I liked it" to their faces and watch them faint or something. Because I don't care if I never hear from them again, I'd love it.

Is there a way to successfully shock the hell out of my religious family without completely outing my S.O.?

2. sharkpool

maybe come out as gay and then later say that you identify yourself as male. that way they'll just think you're gay (because of your "boyfriend")

i would suggest not to overthink the whole situation because they maybe don't even know what being transgender means and all it implies :/

3. Ravi-VIXX777

If the benefits outweighs the cost, then yes come out. It seems your family is very homophobic and transphobic. Try to tell them that you don't plan on having kids any time soon as in, years soon.

You should talk to your "boyfriend" about coming out as transgendered. If he's okay with it, then by all means, come out.

I can agree religion can be crippling. It's not entirely the religion, but the interpretations, blindly following what others say, and with a hint of ignorance. There will be consequences (good and bad) from coming out. Just remember what you are doing this for. You'll be leaving them soon I hope. Goodluck.

4. Envira

i don't know, but maybe you should tell your mom first, if you haven't already. i bet she'd be willing to talk things over.

5. WearyWanderer

How do you think your mom would react? I would suggest telling her about your gender and sexual orientation, and also about your "boyfriend". Although it seems like her relationship with your relatives is kind of strained, she might have some influence on them and tell them to at least back off. Maybe not tell them who you are, but maybe she can tell them that you're just not interested in kids, and that your cousins should just respect that and stop asking such personal questions. It's always easier to deal with people like that when you have an ally.

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Oh, my mom she knows everything and I have a knife to her throat (not literally, but I am ready for battle) if she breathes a word to my father. He has already said that transgender people are confused and sick. And when he found out my "boyfriend" likes women's clothing he suggested I break up with "him".

Mom knows I'm Pansexual, she doesn't mind one bit. Hell, she had even taken me to the store and helped me find proper fitting skirts for my "boyfriend" because "he" has none "himself" and "his" parents are very transphobic.