1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last night's dream...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Csp1993, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

So last night, I had a dream that I was at a party at someone's house. My mom was sitting at a table with one of her good friends. I remember feeling guilty in the dream because I hadn't come out to her yet. I sat at the table and told her I needed to tell her something. She looked at me and said ok, but her friend was also staring so I said, "Nevermind, it's not the right time." and I stood up. She asked if it was about "that" and if I was ready to talk about it. So basically, she already knew. Then, I woke up.

I have fully accepted myself. I have told two of my best friends in the world. I told myself that the next person who needs to know is my mom. This has been a heavy thought on my mind for a while because I have accepted it myself. I'm now ready to share that part of myself with others. I was just wondering if this was sort of a sign that it's nearing time to come out. I've been paranoid that she already knew in real life too, so maybe my subconscious just put things in perspective. Kind of like a "what if" situation. My mom and I have been spending a lot of time alone so I've been thinking about coming out a lot.

What do you guys think?

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Come out when you are ready. I came out to my dad at the wrong time, and now I feel like I'm placing a barrier between us. I feel especially bad because he's trying to remove it and I just feel uncomfortable around him now. Wait till you feel that the time is good, it can't hurt and coming out at the wrong time can. Really bad.

3. treespoon

M advice would be to do it when you are comfortable. Don't say 'by then end of today, she'll know' or things like that, because that's what I did and I stressed about it so much the whole day and was miserable. Do it when YOU are ready, not your time limit. There is no alarm clock for when to come out.
    That being said, if you think you want to come out to her, go ahead! I'm sure she'll be loving and accepting, and you two can only grow closer. :slight_smile: