1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parents found out And what happened

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rokosmodernlife, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Rokosmodernlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So my parents found out via Facebook that I'm bi. There are a lot of things I posted alot of things that made my mom think that I'm a lesbian, so she texted me "are you gay" and I naturally told the truth. My parents are generally cool with it, BUT my mom still denies that bisexuality is real, and says that I'm just confused. I understand that it'll take time for her to accept it (I mean hell. It took my aunt and uncle 10years to accept that my cousin is a lesbian), I just kind of feel offended when she says that I'm confused.

It's not just her either. One of the women in GSA on my campus has told me, repeatedly, that bisexuals are confused. I mean really, it's annoying as fuck.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I just needed to vent to someone, so why not do it to a group of random strangers? :icon_bigg :kiss:

2. Smithwrought

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When she says that you are confused; is she denying everything and saying that you are really straight, or does she think that you are just using bi as a stepping stone to being a lesbian? Bisexuality can sometimes be a hard thing for people to wrap their heads around. Often the sort of people who will reiterate their sexuality (gay or straight) are so firmly in one direction. Sexual attraction to them is an emotion is a strong definitive emotion. It does not help that a lot of gay people use being bi as training wheels to come out before they identify as fully gay.

3. Rokosmodernlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly, I have no idea what she means. I think she means that I just don't know whener or not I like men or women, that I'm curious. She said they she'll accept me either way, which is great and all, but it's still denying me.

And yeah, it is hard for some people to understand that liking the same sex and opposite is possible and very real.

4. WhyteWind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well don't worry about it. She's accepting right? She'll wrap her mind around it.

Though I'll tell you where those thoughts came from. One of my friends used to be "100% bi". She was so sure and told/convinced everyone into it. We were okay with it of course and she did date girls and guys. However, several years later, she admitted that she was actually completely straight and it was a phase and we could hardly believe her(she DID date girls after all). But that was just her having curious feelings and hormones running amok. She thought she loved them but she didn't which she admitted.

Now I've heard actual bisexuals who run into this type of problem. Normally, they just ignore the doubt and be themselves. Eventually people will realize when you're 27 and STILL bi which means serious business. It's not that bad especially since they're accepting anyways. I get the annoyance but you'll be fine because whoever you date they'll support!

Fake bisexuals also tend to make coming out for lesbians harder. I'm not particularly butch at all so a lot of people doubt my sexuality as well. A friend even said to me:"Well, you KNOW there are lesbians who end up with guys anyways right?" Again, frustrating but I think I'll take that over rejection and hate haha.

5. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Same thing happend with my mom, And she came around, I'm here if you want to talk.