1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening on my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by This guy is new, Mar 10, 2014.

1. This guy is new

Hia yesterday night I opened to one of my friends that I knew was gay or something near that and I decided to tell him that I have feelings for him. It felt good at first but then I was nervous any he responded that "lol I would have never guessed" and that was it he didn't say anything about how I said I had feelings for him? Should I hang up the towel or be stubborn and try to ask him again? Any help we already talked and it wasn't to awkward but it will be fine. Thanks for taking the time ^^(*hug*)

2. StephenSC

Firstly congratulations on having the courage to take a chance and let him know.

Two things come to mind about your situation:

First it is likely that your friend will need a bit of time to process the information. Even if he does like you and has for sometime, now that it's been made real it will take time to come to terms with it and act on it. In the case he does not have strong feelings for you and just wants to be your friend, he will also need time to consider how to approach things. Chances are he is a little worried about things as well. Give him a little time, then bring the issue up again if it does not happen naturally.

The second thing is he may have "dropped" the issue because he doesn't have serious feeling for you and just doesn't want to hurt you. Once again, give him some time to think about it and raise the issue again.

Just remember he has the right to take time to think about things, just as you have the right to your feelings and getting closure to them.

Good luck with it!

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC! And to answer your question, if he brings it up then it is fine but otherwise give him some time to think about it, like jasson said.

And think about when in, say, about a year you will be a veteran to the site and still have a username saying 'This guy is new'. Can't wait to see that!