1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to homophobic Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Destiel, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Destiel

Hey! So I have this very large dilemma. . .

Recently I've come out to my mum and siblings which didn't turn out too bad but not too great. Now I live in a split household since I was very little so my dad and stepmother still have yet to know. I'm scared to tell them but I'm petrified that my siblings will let it slip. Now my mom told me not to tell my dad because she knows how conservative he thinks. The thing is, I'm scared that one day I'll date someone who is non-hetero and because I'm out to everyone else someone will snitch. The fact they haven't found out yet is relieving and terrifying because I'm scared that someone will tell them.

I have no doubt in my mind my dad would blow his lid if he found out. He's all against LGBT. He's a right wing and doesn't have an ounce of left in him. So I know that either he'd kick me out or possibly go into a blind rage.

Please someone help! I'm scared that he'll find out and that I'll have to come out and I don't know what to do!? :help:

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

My dad is also very right wing and he kicked me out, so I'm living with my older cousin who recently moved next door and came out to my parents shortly after having moved in which prompted me to come out. Unless your okay with having the possibility of just living with your mother I'd wait until you were like stable on your own cause that way his reaction would have less of an impact on your life. Anyways good luck.

3. Destiel

Thank you, I will try to avoid him knowing for now. I hope everything is working out for you!