1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Epiphony

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yesterday I was asked out by my ex. Now I am a forgiving person and I am more than willing to give someone another chance, but the fact is that after he got what he wanted from me he dumped me. So obviously I was unsure about giving him another chance after he hurt me like that. I told him that I still had feelings for him but I would need a while.

Then last night I had a dream. It made no sense and I remember no visual images from it, but I remember waking up with a powerful realization fresh in my mind. I never felt anything for my ex I got into a relationship with him because he was the first to want me. And now I even considered taking him back because I feel so lonely that it seems like he is the only one who wants me and therefore my only option. Now I not only see that I don't want to go out with my ex but also I will probably just do the same thing again.

So I have decided to spend my summer alone. I am not opposed to getting into another relationship but i am opposed to seeking a relationship for fear of just getting together with someone just for a relationship and ending up right back where I started.

2. TeeJers

That sounds like the right thing to do! I'm kinda just trying to have fun this summer, but at the same time meeting new people. My summer is just about relaxing, I want to focus on me not a bunch of other people.

3. Cool Beans

Yeah, that's probably a good thing to do. You've got to be able to be happy single before you can ever be happy in a relationship, I think. As much as I whine about having to be single, sometimes I think it's the best thing for me because I don't have to deal with the drama of a relationship and I can focus on myself.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "They call us lonely, when we're really just alone."

:slight_smile:

Lex

5. Leigh

Leigh Guest

Congrats! Its great that you've managed to make this realization! Hopefully this will help to make your future relationships much healthier and happier!!

6. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That exact same thing happened to me! Stay strong, don't go back to him... in my case he was abusive and it took a therapist to tell me to get away from him.

7. MeskElil

:eusa_clap I'm proud of you. That's the right way to be. Honestly, if this guy "used" you, there's no reason to give him a second chance, especially if he didn't apologize.
    Good job.

8. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

Good for u. it takes alot for a person to do wat u r doing. i hop eu find a great person who wants more than one thing from u, good luck.