1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im still feeling uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, i came out to my mom a while ago. i told her that i liked a guy. she said she didnt care, and she still loved me. She said to me "Be your self" i said okay. But im not comfortable about talking about guys or how i wanna show my pride. It really bothers me.
    Now i just want to know from you guys. How do i overcome this? (GayCJ :kiss: )

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't have to. Not wanting to talk about who you like is just a thing. Nobody goes home and tells their parents about their love life. Love you Josh! :kiss:

3. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm out to everyone i personally know but even i don't talk about details of my love life to my parents. They've already met my partner though

4. Just do what makes you comfortable, if you don't want to talk about it then that's okay.

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to go around telling everyone. I certainly don't! Doesn't mean I'm ashamed to be gay, but I don't see it as my one defining characteristic that must be shouted from the rooftops. Your mom was right - just be yourself.

Most of the time, I reveal my sexuality in the course of general conversation. I keep it very casual and don't make a big deal of it (because it's not). I simply mention my partners name and people tend to work out that I'm gay from that.

Sometimes we can make too much of coming out and build it up into a really big thing. I doesn't have to be like that at all. I did the big coming out thing with my parents and sister and it was a bit of an ordeal. I won't do that again. Now it's very casual and just mentioned at a natural point in a conversation. So much easier that saying "I'm gay".