1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i trick her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so me and my mom were thinking of going to Toronto for the summer. But only if she is promoted. So we are not sure yet. But i want to go near the end of June, to attend the Gay Pride Parade. My mom knows that i like guys. But i just dont want her to know that i want to go.
    I know that this isnt relevant to anything but whatever.
    Now i just need ideas on how im going to do this. I thank all responces.
    (GayCJ :kiss: )

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably not the response that you're looking for, but I think you need to let your mom know that this is something you want to go to if you want to have any chance of going.
    These parades are huge, Toronto's especially, and someone needs to know where you are and when to expect to see you again.
    I don't want to seem negative, but unfortunate things CAN happen to attendees at these types of events.

What's wrong with her knowing you want to go?

I secretly wanted to go to one of these parades myself for a while and I didn't want my parents to know about it. For some reason, I thought they'd be disappointed in me or something. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    My boyfriend went to Des Moines's, told me about it, and I don't really have an interest in going anymore. (Not trying to discourage you, just sharing my story).
    It's cool seeing LGBT people do their thing, but honestly, I learn more about the LGBT culture in thirty minutes of browsing EC than I would at a pride parade, and I get to listen to my favorite music while doing so.

#2 TJ, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't try to trick her. I personally am in favor of what TJ said about going in the first place, but don't let our opinions stop you! When you are not yet old enough a teen, you should always make sure that an adult knows where you are. There isn't anything wrong with wanting to go, although I totally get where you're coming from. I would be a little embarrassed about it as well. Just make sure that she would know where you are during it. BTW Josh, I'm glad you're posting. It's been a while and I always enjoy reading and responding to your posts! Love you! :kiss:

4. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you great responces! GayCJ Love you