1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I come out at school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bring it, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 13 and in 8th grade. I want my peers to know that I'm pansexual, but I don't want to make a big announcement or tell everyone individually. I'd like it if I could tell one or two people and then they each tell a couple people, then those people tell people, and so on until everyone knows. But everyone I know at my school is too good about keeping secrets. How can I tell everyone without making a huge announcement?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell a couple of friends in earshot of someone who likes to gossip. Say it slightly louder. Wait an hour.

Not that I necessarily recommend that...I wouldn't want you to get bullied because of this!

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    It might help to just tell some people and say that they can feel free to tell others. And also, HOW ON EARTH DO MIDDLE SCHOOLERS KEEP SECRETS? Sorry, just wondering how. It defies logic for a school in my area :icon_razz. And also, I would only say do it if you are sure you want to. Me, I would just bring it up casually in a conversation. What you are planning seems like a really bad idea to me, it could cause a lot of bullying like Ellia said.