1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm being isolated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sasha Braus, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Sasha Braus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My mom knows that I'm different. She doesn't know I'm gay, but she knows that I'm slowly leaving her grasp, so she's tightening her reigns. She took my cellphone and laptop away and arranged with my grandma to send me to Somalia. Not only is she hoping the trip will "straighten" me out, she knows that I can't afford not to work for two months if I want to move out. I really have no money, and I can't drive. Driving school costs at least $200 and I don't have any friends to teach me. I've moved provinces recently so I don't really.. have any friends. The only forms of communication I had with my friends was taken from me and I don't really know what to do. I just started a part time job, but I don't think I can afford to move out as soon as I want to, never mind buy a laptop or learn how to drive. I really feel stuck; I want to be independent, but I don't really have the means to do that. The only reason why I can talk to you guys now is because my mom's taking a nap. I have no one else to talk to...

Even if I manage to save enough money to move back to my old province, I still wouldn't be able to live true to myself because my mom's brothers all live there. She has a really large network of people who'd tell her in a heartbeat if I did anything against Islamic doctrines. I really don't want to know what my uncles would do to me, to be honest..

2. jojman27453

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel really bad for you right now. I really want to help you but I don't know how. I think that you should really work hard at your job to move away from there as soon as possible. You can always talk to me or anyone on here if you need to. but i will always be here

3. Sasha Braus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you! It's nice to know that you care tbh. Yeah, that's the plan. Work hard, save up and move out. Preferably far away.

The more I talk on forum, the more excited I get about life outside the closet. I'll take you up on that offer one day, I'm sure!