1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I come out at school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bring it, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 13 and in 8th grade. I want my peers to know that I'm pansexual, but I don't want to make a big announcement or tell everyone individually. I'd like it if I could tell one or two people and then they each tell a couple people, then those people tell people, and so on until everyone knows. But everyone I know at my school is too good about keeping secrets. How can I tell everyone without making a huge announcement?

2. Will2M

Well... literally tell them to tell other people. People who keep secrets well, logically, can also spread the word about something well too. It doesn't have to be a big announcement. Find your two best friends at school and tell them that 1) you are pansexual and 2) that you want people to know so please go tell other people (pretend it is "gossip"). While this is a good way to spread the word about your orientation it has a chance to create rumors and cause a lot of whispering behind your back. Rumors as in, have you ever played telephone with friends at dinner? something like that. You being pansexual could turn into something like.. I don't know, but something bad. So, it is great that you are confident enough to come out and this is more or less a good way to do it but just be careful about the negative effects it might have. In any case, no matter what anyone says, be confident in yourself!

Good luck!

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense intended, but you will probably have a hard time explaining what pansexuality is to some. A few can't even wrap their heads around just liking the same sex, let alone introducing the idea that gender is not necessarily one of two choices, or does not factor into attraction for you.

As a matter of fact I've made a number of edits to this post now because even I don't understand pansexuality well enough to explain it satisfactorily. o.0 But if your biggest problem with coming out is getting people to actually say things, wow. That is not like the schools I went to XD. But you could always try putting the pansexual flag or its colors on your school supplies or something.

#3 Argentwing, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014